Environment & Community
Investing time and energy into the community for sustainable relationships.
Griffin Coal is committed to investing time and energy into the community and sharing profits to build sustainable and mutual relationships. Throughout its history Griffin Coal has taken a proactive approach toward providing social and economic benefits to the Collie community.
Griffin Coal is one of the most significant economic contributors to the Collie region as an employer and supporter of community events and activities. Griffin Coal’s regular economic contribution to the Collie Community includes:
- Employment of approximately 500 personnel.
- Apprenticeships, training and educational scholarships made available to youth from Collie region.
- Business from Griffin Coal directed to Collie and South West suppliers.
- Member of the Bunbury Wellington Economic Alliance playing a proactive role in identifying and addressing economic and development matters both within the South West and Western Australia.
A core community policy of Griffin Coal is the Company’s commitment to community feedback. For all Griffin Coal projects, thorough feasibility studies into community impact are completed and made available to the community. Griffin Coal also strives to achieve transparent communication with community members and stakeholders and does this through:
- Support of local community initiatives and development.
- The provision of up to date information on the development of Griffin Coal projects.
- Gaining local support of all projects in the planning stages.
- The encouragement of local participation in projects (where possible) including employment.